Home / admin7


Choosing a Lawyer in Bangkok

In Bangkok, lawyers may specialize in various fields such as business law, immigration, family law, real estate and intellectual property. Highly specialized lawyers normally have a wide range of resources in order to handle each situation professionally. Some lawyers also focus on different specializations such as working with foreigners and their special issues concerning their family, property, business and visas.

Read More »

UK Partner Visa for Spouse

Taking a relationship and a commitment with your partner to the next level is a serious thing which also requires a lot of work. For British nationals who wish to bring their spouses to the UK, a partner visa for the UK in Thailand needs to be applied for in Thailand. The process takes about 3 months until a visa decision is given. Note however, longer visa decision may also be possible depending on the applicant’s circumstances.

Read More »

Australian Tourist Visa for a Thai National

A Thai national can only travel to Australia for the holidays if he or she is an Australian Tourist Visa holder. This type of visa is usually given with 3 different extents: 3, 6 or 12 months. It is either issued as single entry or multiple entries, depending on the issuing officer. If the Thai applicant is not a regular traveler within Asia and has not traveled to Australia before, it would be best to apply for the 3-month visa initially. After the 3 months expires and the holder returns to Thailand on time, then you can consider applying for the much longer visa or any other visa type.

Read More »

US Tourist Visa from Thailand

Obtaining a US Tourist Visa at the US Embassy in Thailand is quite difficult if you don’t have a US immigration attorney. Because Thailand is not a visa waiver country, a Thai national needs to submit an application for a US Tourist Visa before he or she can enter the United States. The B-2 Tourist Visa type issued by the US Embassy in Thailand allows the Thai citizen to travel to and from the US for up to 10 years, with each entry permitting the holder to a maximum of 6 months stay in the United States.

Read More »

Marriage & Retirement

A Thai Retirement Visa is the most common type for Thailand expats. It is the popular term for “Non-Immigrant OA-Long Stay Visa”. Retirement visa allows visitors to stay longer in Thailand, provided they satisfy the financial criteria or requirement. This is a long term Thai visa that entitles the holder a stay of 1 year in Thailand. The visa is renewable every year and the renewal process can be done inside Thailand (requirements for the visa renewal still apply).

Read More »

Letter of Affirmation – Australia

As an Australian wanting to get married in Thailand you first need to ensure that you understand the process before you apply for an Australian Partner Visa for your Thai wife to take her back to Australia. The marriage registration in Thailand starts with obtaining all the needed documents from home as well as the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. Note that you should also understand the marriage requirements in Thailand.

Read More »

Incoming search terms:

Letter of Affirmation: New Zealand

As a Kiwi in Thailand you might decide that you wish to get married in Thailand and retire while you are at it. There are a number of options for you with regards to your marriage and retirement. If you are older than 50 and meet the financial requirements then you can apply for a retirement visa in Thailand. If you are married to a Thai national then you can apply for a marriage visa for Thailand. The marriage visa has lower requirements than the retirement visa for Thailand.

Read More »