Marriage and Retirement

Marriage and Retirement is what we will explain. A Thai Retirement Visa is the most common type for Thailand expats. It is the popular term for “Non-Immigrant OA-Long Stay Visa”. Retirement visa allows visitors to stay longer in Thailand, provided they satisfy the financial criteria or requirement. This is a long term Thai visa that entitles the holder a stay of 1 year in Thailand. The visa is renewable every year and the renewal process can be done inside Thailand (requirements for the visa renewal still apply).

Marriage and Retirement

This visa allows you to stay in Thailand on annual basis through yearly extension and is to be renewed every year without you having to return to your home country as long as he or she meets the visa requirements.

The following are the visa requirements for retirement in Thailand:

  1. A foreign national aged 50 or above.
  1. In ownership of money amounting to at least 800,000 Thai Baht or a monthly income of 65,000 Thai Baht, or saving plus yearly income combined in total of 800,000 Thai Baht.

It is important to take note that this visa does not allow you to work or get a work permit in Thailand. Employment is strictly prohibited.

The visa can be valid either for a single entry or multiple entries. If you leave the country, you will need a re- entry permit from local immigration the cost of these permits are as follows:

  • Single re-entry – 1000 baht
  • Multi  re–entry – 3800 baht

GAM Legal Alliance specializes in helping clients get their non immigrant o-visa visa faster and easier and they are there to guide you through. Their staff can help you satisfy the Thai retirement visa process. They use their broad immigration knowledge on visa requirements in every application to provide satisfying results. See more about Marriage and Retirement in Thailand.